Morellino di Scansano DOCG Melini

Tuscany
Morellino di Scansano DOCG
2019
Sku: 1965
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 9.80 € 12.10
Shipping within Monday 28 September, if you order within 15 hours e 49 minutes

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 19.60
Purchase
-19%
3 bottles
€ 29.40
Purchase
-19%
6 bottles
€ 58.80
Purchase
-19%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
88/100
2020

Do you need help?

The Melini winery is in Gaggiano at 300 meters above the sea level in the Classic Chianti hills alon...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Melini
Region
Tuscany
Wine list:
Morellino di Scansano
Denomination:
Morellino di Scansano DOCG
Vintage:
2019
Grapes:
85% Sangiovese, 15% vitigni complementari.
Alcohol:
13,50%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Medium-bodied and fragrant
Pairing:
Grilled meat, Sausage, Milanese cutlet, Cold meats and salami, Medium-aged cheeses, Risotto, Cannelloni, Gnocchi al ragù

Descrizione vino

The Morellino di Scansano born in a natural area of Tuscany. It is located on the coast called the Maremma Toscana and the hamlets involved are Scansano, Grosseto and Magliano and also Campagnatico, Roccalbegna, Semproniano and Manciano. The grapes used are almost exclusively Sangiovese at 85% locally renowned as Morellino and the remaining 15% is made by local vines and they can take advantage of the sea wind. The cultivation soils are rich of alberese and they are located in the Grosseto province. The cultivations are located at maximum 500 meters and the climate is dry with few rains. There is a maceration of 20 days with several pumping over. The fermentation takes place at 25°C in French oak barrels.

 

Characteristics of the Morellino di Scansano

It has an intense ruby red color. The smell is fruity and austere, warm and lightly tannic. The taste is tannic, warm and austere.

 

Suggested pairings of this red wine of the Melini winery

It is perfect with cold cuts and meat in humid. It must be served at 17°C in a wide wine glass. The proof is 13% and it can mature for 3 years.

More wines from Melini
You may also like