Morellino di Scansano "SAN FELO" DOCG SAN FELO

Item code 0013
Add to favorites
Prizes and awards
Sommelier score 90/100 2022
View all


Features
Winery SAN FELO
Denomination Morellino di Scansano Docg
Vintage 2021
Grapes 100% Sangiovese
Alcohol content 13,50%
Cl 75cl
Sulfites Contains sulphites
Code ICQRF GR/6001
Winery headquarter SAN FELO - Magliano in Toscana (GR) - Località Pagliatelli di Sotto
Bottle size Standard bottle
Combination Pasta all'amatriciana, Cockerel grilled, Cold cuts and salami, Gnocchi al ragù, Lamb, Grilled meat, Medium-aged cheeses, Florentina Steak
Region Tuscany (Italy)
Style Medium-bodied and fragrant
Wine list Morellino di Scansano
Wine description

The most representative wine of the winery San Felo, bears the family name and contains in itself the history, tradition and passion for wine and the territory. The vinification involves the use of Sangiovese grapes for 85%, Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot for the remaining 15%. The origin is that of Toscana DOCG del Morellino di Scansano. The Morellino di Scansano DOCG of San Felo, is produced with grapes from vineyards located between the municipalities of Grosseto and Magliano. Its vinification requires that it is obtained by vinification in steel tanks at a controlled temperature, followed by malolactic fermentation.

 

Characteristics of this Morellino di Scansano

The wine has an intense ruby red color. The nose is broad and expresses notes of violet, plum, dark berries and pepper. The taste on the palate is elegant, with a velvety tannic texture, of great harmony and balance.

 

Recommended pairings tasting this red wine

Excellent in combination with pasta dishes with meat sauces, it also goes well with white or red roast and grilled meats. The optimal serving temperature is 16ºC.

Other products from the same Winery
  • Toscana Cabernet Sauvignon "AULUS"
  • Toscana Pinot Nero
    Offer
    Toscana Pinot Nero [SAN FELO] € 17.60 € 22.00
  • Morellino di Scansano "LAMPO" DOCG
  • Similar products
  • Morellino di Scansano "SAN GIUSEPPE" DOCG
    Offer
  • Morellino di Scansano "MENTORE" DOCG
    Offer
  • Morellino di Scansano "SANTA MARIA" DOCG
  • Morellino di Scansano "LAMPO" DOCG
  • Morellino di Scansano "LA MORA" DOCG
  • Morellino di Scansano DOCG
  • Morellino di Scansano DOCG
  • Morellino di Scansano DOCG
  • Morellino Di Scansano Riserva DOCG
    -29%
  • Morellino di Scansano DOCG
    -33%
  • Morellino Di Scansano Riserva DOCG
    -32%
  • Morellino di Scansano "VAL DELLE ROSE" DOCG