The Michele Chiarlo company was founded in 1956 by Michele Chiarlo in Calamandrana, in the heart of the Asti area. The first Barolo vintage was produced in 1958. During the following years, the winery developed considerably, thanks to the important purchases carried out in the best areas of the Langhe, acquiring land in Cerequio and Cannubi in 1987 and 1989. Today the company is spread over about 110 hectares of vineyards, of which 60 are owned and the remaining 50 have a long-term lease contracts, giving life to just over a million bottles. The management is run by Michele’s sons, Alberto and Stefano: the first takes care of commercial development, while the second one is an oenologist. Only native grapes are grown in the vineyards, focusing on Nebbiolo, Barbera, Cortese and Moscato; in the cellar the philosophy aims to enhance the characteristics that distinguish the grape variety contextualized in a specific terroir, trying for red wines to use wood moderately, refining the various crus according to the traditional method, in large barrels or tonneaux. The fundamental objective pursued by Michele Chiarlo is that of sustainability, a concept dear to the family since the 90s, when the first applications of natural practices began. A virtuous path, which is renewed over time: in fact, in 2007 a project started, recognized by the Ministry of the Environment, which aims at total sustainability of the supply chain, right up to the consumers' table. The Chiarlo's are dynamic people, attentive to modern times, as evidenced by the ambitious hospitality project inaugurated with the "Palais Cerequio", an ideal accommodation facility for those who want to enjoy a few days of rest in a world where wine is the absolute protagonist. About twenty excellent labels in total, from Barolo to Barbaresco, from Gavi to Barbera: bottles that, sip after sip and harvest after harvest, are confirmed as among the best Italian wines.