Pinot Grigio "Vini Orsone" DOC Bastianich
The incredible world success of the white wine Pinot Grigio is the result of its easy pairing with many courses in addition of its use in appetizers. Its taste is rich of a ripe apple aroma with a great delicacy and persistence on the palate. The vines are located in a wonderful area in Cividale on the oriental hills of the Friuli in the core of the DOC area. The soil is calcareous marl and the cultivation method is the classic Guyot.
Characteristics of Pinot Grigio Bastianich
It is composed by 100% Pinot Grigio grapes which have to macerate in stainless steel tanks. Then the 60% passes through the malolactic fermentation for 10 days. The remaining 40% is added to the other and they both have to refined on lees with weekly bâtonnage. The taste is round and full of body with a good mineral structure which is balanced with the acidity. The flavors are apple and white prune very persistent.
Suggested pairings with the Pinot Grigio Bastianich
It is perfect with soups and salads with meat or fish and with structured main Italian courses. It has to be served 8°C in a Renano wine glass.