You chose
Modifica le tue scelte
offers and new arrivals
Perfect to drink with

Friuli Venezia Giulia wines

In the Friuli Venezia Giulia region are mostly produced white wines that boast a great importance on national and international level ( according to many, Friuli wines are among the best white wines in the world) and to a lesser extent red wines that have on their side a great wine tradition .

The vines that give life to Friulian wines are located mainly in the center and north of the region where the land is hilly and the climate is continental, while the southern parts are characterized by flat terrain and a Mediterranean climate. The difference between the climate zones allows to obtain wines with different characteristics and levels of quality.

The total hectares of vineyards are about 20,000, of which 65% is devoted to the cultivation of white grapes and the remaining 35% to red berries grapes.

The wines from Friuli are of different types, we remember among the most important: Collio, Friuli Annia, Friuli Aquileia, Carso, Friuli Grave ,Colli orientali del Friuli, Friuli Isonzo and Friuli Latisana.

In terms of naming today there are four DOCG, ten DOC and several IGT.

Among the most famous wines of Friuli we can found Sauvignon, Friulano, Cabernet, Cabernet Sauvignon, Chardonnay, Friulano, Merlot, Picolit, Pignolo, Pinot Bianco, Pinot Grigio, Refosco, and Schioppettino.