Friulano "Vini Orsone" DOC Bastianich
The Bastianich winery claims the production of this amazing white wine from Friuli ““Vigne Orsone” characterized by the DOC certification and typical local product. The Friuliano DOC is the most typical and loved wine within the local white varieties. It is been centuries that this wine is cultivated in this land and it is part of the culture and of the cuisine of the oriental hills. It is produced with 100% Tocai Friulano grapes. The wine making process takes place in stainless steel tanks then the 30% of the product passes through the malolactic fermentation and late is recomposed with the remaining 70%. The refinement is on lees for 7 months with frequent bâtonnage. The grapes are cultivated in Cividiale on the oriental hills of the Friuli in the core of the DOC area. The soil is calcareous marl which gives structure and a mineral taste to the local wines. The cultivation method is the classic French Guyot.
Characteristics of the Bastianich Friulano Vigne Orsone
The Friulano wine of the bastianich winery is able to express the history of its terroir. It is medium bodied with perceptible sensations of ripe pear and peach. A fresh mineral taste with a good acidity are able to make your mouth water. This is a peculiar characteristic which exalts the local food tradition.
Suggested pairings with this white wine from Friuli
The ideal pairings are the one with cold cuts such as ham steak, raw ham, sausages and salami. It is very good with boiled meats, with liver, with pork grilled steaks and veil with tuna sauce. It is wonderful with sea food and baked fish. It has to be served at 12°C in a Renano wine glass if paired with fish and in a Ballon wine glass if joined by a meat.