Chianti Classico " Peppoli" DOCG Antinori
The red wine Chianti Classico DOCG of the Peppoli estate of the Antonori marquises born from the vineyards of the estate from Sangiovese grapes and a little part of Merlot and Syrah grapes too. The aging period takes place in Slavonia oak barrels of 55 hectoliters and the 10% has to be aged in American oak barrels. All the aging period lasts 9 months and it follows a bottle aging period. The 90% of Sangiovese and the remaining 10% of Merlot and Syrah are worked separately. The sangiovese has to macerate for 10 days in stainless steel tanks. Also the Syrah and the Merlot are worked separately to obtain and to preserve soft tannins and fruity aromas by the control of the fermentation temperature. The malolactic fermentation takes place before the winter. At the beginning of the year the wine is blended and put in the wood for 9 months. The barrels aging period allows the conservation of the fruity aromas coming from the fermentation and it makes the tannins sweeter. The American barrels bring the smelling aromas to complete the aromaticity of the Peppoli range.
Characteristics of the Tuscany red wine
It has a ruby red color and it smells like cherry together with chocolate, vanilla coming from the wooden aging. The taste is full of soft and silky tannins with a good persistence on the palate.
Suggested pairings with this Chianti Classico "Peppoli" DOCG
The Chianti Classico DOCG Pèppoli is perfect with Mediterranean food. It is perfect with more structured and tasty food such as the sauce with meat, roasted meats and pasta flavored with vegetable creams. It is perfect also with cheeses. It has to be served at 18°C in a Ballon wine glass.