CASTELLO DI NEIVE
Castello di Neive Winery embodies the link between the town of Neive, the century-old history of the Castle and the Stupini family's dedication to viticulture.
Neive owes its name to the "Naevii" noble Roman family who lived there in ancient times: following the fall of the Holy Roman Empire and the advent of Ungari and Saracens, construction of the castle began right on the top of the hill. Around 1600 Neive became a fiefdom of Count Vittorio Amedeo Dal Pozzo who took the name of Count of Neive: it was thus that little by little a small community of families was formed around the castle. But it is between '800 and' 900 that the current Neive takes shape, taking advantage of the proximity to the railway line and therefore enjoying a strategic position for the trade of products. It is inside the Castle that there are part of the cellars of the Company, the oldest ones: built in the 18th century, they are high enough to contain the large barrels necessary for the refinement phase; in the new cellars, on the other hand, there are the latest generation machinery and systems, particularly useful for the fermentation and temperature control phases.
The land on which the vineyards are planted were already owned by the Stupino family before the purchase of the Castle while the remaining ones were acquired with the Castle itself: the vines are controlled in a maniacal way, in such a way as to obtain healthy bunches with the least possible use of pesticides; furthermore, the exposure and the slope ensure that the maturation takes place correctly.