-21%

Valtellina Superiore "Quadrio" DOCG Nino Negri

Lombardy
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
2016
Sku: 1947
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 10.40 € 13.20
Shipping within Friday 04 December, if you order within 3 hours e 39 minutes

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 20.80
Purchase
-21%
3 bottles
€ 31.20
Purchase
-21%
6 bottles
€ 62.40
Purchase
-21%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
89/100
2020

Do you need help?

The Nino Negri winery is an important reality of Valtellina and it born at the end of the ‘800...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Nino Negri
Region
Lombardy
Wine list:
Valtellina Superiore
Denomination:
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
Vintage:
2016
Grapes:
100% Nebbiolo
Alcohol:
13,00%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Medium-bodied and fragrant
Pairing:
Milanese cutlet, Saffron risotto, Rabbit, Fillet with green pepper, Grilled meat, Medium-aged cheeses, Pasta all'amatriciana, Tagliatelle ai Funghi

Descrizione vino

The rosso Quadrio Valtellina Superiore DOCG of the Nino Negri winery is made by Chiavennasca (Nebbiolo) at 90% and Merlot grapes for the remaining 10%. The cultivation method is the Guyot with sandy-lime soils located at 350-500 meters above the sea level at the feet of the Retiche Alpes between Berbenno and Teglio on the right side of the Adda river. The profit is 60 quintals per hectare. The grape harvest takes place in October and there is a maceration on the peels for 12 days. The maturation takes place in steel at 25-28°C with several pumping overs. The maturation takes place for 20 months in Slavonia oak barrels of 80 hectoliters and in French barrels of 50 hl in the Quadrio’s Castel cellars.

 

Characteristics of the Valtellina Superiore “Quadrio” DOCG

It has a ruby red color. The smell is wide and ethereal with herbs and strawberry jams together with violet and roses. The taste is dry, full, vigorous with elegant tannins.

 

Suggested pairings with this red wine

It is perfect with roasted red meats and aged cheeses. It must be served at 17°C in a Ballon wine glass and the proof is 13.3%. It can be aged for 4 years.

More wines from Nino Negri
You may also like