Pinot Nero "Meczan" Hofstatter
This wine is made by Pinot Nero – Alto Adige DOC and it is cultivated in the Mazon area. It is the most ancient vineyard of the property and it is extremely quality. The cultivation soil is made by clay, limestone and porphyry. The wine making process of the Riserva Pinot Nero starts with the 75% of the grapes which are destemmed and the remaining 25% stays intact. The fermentation lasts 10 days with the must on contact with the peels. There are two pouring and finally the wine matures in oak barrels for 6 months and a further year in bottle. The Alto Adige Pinot Nero Riserva DOC “Mazon” Hofstätter is great with a deep red color with a unique and refined grace almost like the Pinot Nero of the Oltrepo. This little land can express at its best the quality and the longevity in its wines. This bottle will improve in the next two or three years.
Characteristics of the Pinot Nero Riserva Mazon
It has a thick and deep ruby red color. The smell is wood with little fruits and marasca cherry aromas. The taste is warm, harmonic, coherent, round, rich of hints, solid and refined in the mouth. It is wide and velvety and it can improve after, at least, to maturing years in bottle.
Suggested pairings with this great Hofstatter wine
It is great with noble chickens, roasted meats or ragu. It is also very good with barley or chickpea soups. It must be served at 18°C in a Grand Ballon wine glass because it helps the oxygenation.