offer

Pinot Nero "Barthenau Vigna S. Urbano" DOC Hofstatter

Trentino-Alto Adige
Pinot Nero DOC
2016
Sku: 1785
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 62.90 € 79.00
Shipping within Friday 30 September, if you order today

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 125.80
Purchase
-20%
3 bottles
€ 188.70
Purchase
-20%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
94/100
2022

Do you need help?

It is a mythical winery of the Alto Adige and for someone is the representation of its expressive pu...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Hofstatter
Region
Trentino-Alto Adige
Wine list:
Pinot Nero
Denomination:
Pinot Nero DOC
Vintage:
2016
Grapes:
100% Pinot Nero
Alcohol:
13,50%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Medium-bodied and fragrant
Pairing:
Cut of beff, Florentina Steak, wild game, Hard cheese, Cannelloni, Pasta with meat sauce, Meet in tomato sauce, Cockerel grilled
Sulfites:
Contains sulfites
Code ICQRF:
BZ/3
Winerry's Headquarter:
Tenuta J. Hofstätter - Termeno (BZ) - Piazza Municipio, 5

Wine Description

The Sant'Urbano vineyard is located in the Barthenau estate, where part of the vines is over 65 years old and the soil is a conglomerate of clay, lime, porphyry and fine gravel. The grapes harvested here are placed on small crates and then pressed. 25% of them are left to ferment, without destemming, in cask, while the remaining 75%, after a day of cold maceration, ferments slowly for 10 days at controlled temperature. The wine is then aged for 14 months in barrique, blended and then in a single large oak cask for another 7 months, aged in bottle for 12 months.

 

Characteristics of this red wine

Those are deep ruby red. The bouquet reveals itself slowly, with discretion, and reveals aromas of sour cherries, raspberries, geranium along with light whispers of vanilla and spices. The mouthfeel is complex and well balanced, with a convincing tannic texture.

 

Serving suggestions tasting Pinot Noir

Excellent pairings with main courses of red meat and game. Serve at 10ºC in the glass not too wide.

More wines from Hofstatter
You may also like