Badia a Coltibuono
Located in Tuscany, near the city of Siena, Badia a Coltibuono owes its name to Badia a Cultusboni, which means “good harvest”. It was born in 1051 with the idea of establishing a residence for the clergy and a hospice for pilgrims: it became the residence of a group of Benedictine monks animated by a fervent spirit of reform but above all dedicated to the respect for nature and all forms of the earth. Thus they began to devote themselves to the cultivation of vines and olive trees and the introduction of new tree species, laying the foundations for sustainable agriculture. In 1846 the ancestor of the current owners bought the Romanesque structure and with the numerous interventions that have taken place over the years, the current conformation of the estate has been reached. In the 1930s it was inherited by Maria Luisa Stucchi Giuntini who with her son gave it a more managerial structure. The best Chianti vintages of the Estate began to be put on the market. Until today Badia a Coltibuono has remained in the hands of the Giuntini-Stucchi-Prinetti family, which with respect for tradition and a careful eye on sustainable agriculture methods aimed at protecting the environment has always produced wines that express the values of 'Agency.