Nobile di Montepulciano "Salco" DOCG BIO 2015
The Salco nobile di Montepulciano wine is produced with the ripest vines of the Salcheto company picked by the Salco vineyard which is 2 hectares extended together with the Laghetto vineyard which is 3,5 hectares extended. It is produced thanks to a company clone of Sangiovese Prugnolo Gentile that in each harvest achieve a major degree of over-maturation. After two wood barrels refinement it completes its process with 4 years of bottle refinement. The nature once again amaze, even if the contribution of the man has given its results by the work of the territory in the late spring, by more intense thinning and for the attention to the peculiarity of each plant in fact there are 4 harvests according to the maturation period of every vine in a perfect climatic condition. The tradition and the innovation are perfectly mixed together to offer a product in a complete balance between ancient method and new working processes.
Characteristics of this red wine from Salcheto winery
The red wine Salco is produced with 100% Prugnolo Gentile grapes produced in the estate company. The maximal annual production is 18000 bottles. This wine needs an aging period of 24 months of which the 30% in barrels and the remaining 70% in tonneaux. The following refinement lasts 48 months in glass barrels. The maturation period is about 12/15 months. This red wine Salco di Nobile di Montepulciano is characterized by and important proof of 14 degrees. The whole Ph is about 6,50 points.
Suggested matches while tasting this red wine from Tuscany
The wine is perfect with braised red meat or in humid with important and rich sauces. It has to be served at 18°C and it needs a settling time of 2 hours.