Brunello di Montalcino RISERVA 2015 "Poggio alle Mura" DOCG BANFI
|Denomination||Brunello di Montalcino RISERVA DOCG|
|Winery headquarter||BANFI - Stazione Sant'Angelo-Cinigiano (SI) - Viale Maremma|
|Bottle size||Standard bottle|
|Combination||Florentina Steak, Sliced beef, Cannelloni, Tagliatelle with mushrooms, pork knuckle baked, Cold cuts and salami, Hard cheese, Roast meat|
|Style||Full-bodied and intense|
|Wine list||Brunello di Montalcino|
This sensational Riserva di Brunello di Montalcino Banfi Poggio alle Mura DOCG is produced in the most dedicated area of Montalcino in the vineyards located in the Poggio le Mura area dedicated for the production of the Sangiovese grapes used since the 1982. The soils are located at 210 – 220 meters above the sea level and they have a brown-yellow color and they are sandy, with limestone with pliocene and rocks. There are used 100% of Sangiovese grapes of selected clones. The cultivation method is the cordon spur pruning and the density is 4200 trees per hectare with a profit of 60 quintals per hectare. There is a manual picking of the grapes and it follows the alcoholic fermentation and the maceration for 12-14 days in steel tanks and horizon wooden barrels at 27-29°C. There is a maturation period for 2 years of the 90% in French oak barrels of 350 liters and the remaining 10% in barrels of 60-90 hectoliters. The wine rests for 12 months in bottle before being commercialized.
Characteristics of the Brunello di Montalcino Riserva Poggio alle Mura DOCG wine
It has a deep red color with garnet reflections. The smell is wide, rich with prune jam aromas together with coffee, chocolate and a light balsamic hint. The taste is powerful and full with mature and kind tannins which make it velvety and harmonic.
Suggested pairings with this Brunello di Montalcino Riserva
It is ideal for game and red meats or with aged cheeses. It is also good as meditation wine. It needs a long aging period. It must be served at 18°C in a wide wine glass.