Bolgheri Superiore "ARNIONE" DOC Campo alla Sughera

Item code 1748
Add to favorites
Prizes and awards
Sommelier score 91/100 2023
View all

Winery Campo alla Sughera
Denomination Bolgheri Superiore Doc
Vintage 2016
Grapes 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, 20% Merlot e 20% Petit Verdot
Alcohol content 14,50%
Cl 75cl
Sulfites Contains sulphites
Code ICQRF 2822LI
Winery headquarter Campo alla Sughera - Castagneto Carducci (LI) - Strada Provinciale Bolgherese
Bottle size Standard bottle
Combination Roast meat, Sliced beef, Florentina Steak, Meat and game stew, Hard cheese, Fillet with green pepper, mushroom risotto, Pasta with meat sauce
Region Tuscany (Italy)
Style Full-bodied and intense
Wine list Bolgheri
Wine description

This is the first wine produced in 2001 in the Bolgheri Rosso Superiore area by the Tuscany winery Campo alla Sughera. A blend of 40% Cabernet Sauvignon, 20% Cabernet Franc, 20% Merlot, and 20% Petit Verdot grapes which make the wine strong, elegant, bodied and refined. The grape harvest is manual and grapes are put in 15 kg wood boxes. The wine making process occurs in vertical which allows the use of the gravity to move the grapes, the must and the wine. After the destemming and a soft pressing, the fermentation and maceration takes place in steels tanks for 12/15 days at 30°C. Lately the wine is put in barrels for the malolactic fermentation. Finally, the aging period takes place for the 80% in new French oak barrels and the remaining 20% in second-hand barrels for at least 18 months and further 18 months in bottle.


Characteristics of the Bolgheri DOC Superiore wine

It has an intense and deep ruby red color. The smell is wide and complex with strawberry, black berry and blue berry grapes enriched with licorice and vanilla hints. The taste is harmonic and balanced but also soft and elegant. The wine has fine and velvety tannins.


Suggested pairings with this great red wine from Tuscany

It is perfect with game, grilled meats, aged cheeses or with typical Tuscany courses such as the crespella with pecorino and mushrooms, boar with blueberries or the cinta senese ham with black gazed gabbage. It must be served at 18°C with a previous decanting hour. It has a proof of 14%.

Other products from the same Winery
  • Bolgheri "ADÈO" DOC
    Bolgheri "ADÈO" DOC [Campo alla Sughera] € 23.00 € 27.20 € 30.67/liter
    CAMPO ALLA SUGHERA 2018 [Campo alla Sughera] € 75.44 € 100.59/liter
  • Similar products
  • Bolgheri Superiore DOC
    Bolgheri Superiore DOC [TENUTA LE COLONNE DIEVOLE] € 38.89 € 48.00 € 51.85/liter
  • Bolgheri Superiore “CACCIA AL PIANO” DOC
  • Bolgheri Superiore "SONDRAIA" DOC 2017
  • Bolgheri Superiore "SONDRAIA" DOC 2018
  • Bolgheri Superiore "SONDRAIA" DOC 2019
  • Bolgheri Superiore "DEDICATO A WALTER" DOC
  • Bolgheri Superiore "CAMPO ALLE COMETE" DOC
  • ORNELLAIA Bolgheri Superiore 2019 DOC
  • Bolgheri Superiore"Guado al Tasso" 2020 DOC
  • Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso DOC
    Valpolicella Superiore Ripasso DOC [ZONIN] € 13.40 € 16.60 € 17.87/liter
  • Valtellina Superiore "Mazèr" DOCG
  • Valtellina Superiore Inferno DOCG
    Valtellina Superiore Inferno DOCG [TRIACCA] € 17.90 € 20.00 € 23.87/liter