Valtellina Superiore "Vigneto Fracia" DOCG Nino Negri

Lombardy
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
2016
Sku: 1949
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 25.80 € 27.80
Shipping within Monday 28 September, if you order within 15 hours e 19 minutes

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 51.60
Purchase
3 bottles
€ 77.40
Purchase

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
91/100
2020
2 Bicchieri gambero rosso
2017
4 Grappoli AIS
2017
3 viti Vitae AIS
2017

Do you need help?

The Nino Negri winery is an important reality of Valtellina and it born at the end of the ‘800...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Nino Negri
Region
Lombardy
Wine list:
Valpolicella Classico Superiore
Denomination:
Valtellina Superiore DOCG
Vintage:
2016
Grapes:
100% Nebbiolo
Alcohol:
13,50%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Full-bodied and intense
Pairing:
Risotto, Pasta all'amatriciana, Pasta with meat sauce, Cannelloni, Cold meats and salami, Hard cheese, wild game, Polenta taragna, Porchetta

Descrizione vino

For the production of the Fracia Valtellina Superiore DOCG wine from the Nino Negri winery, the grapes come from the vineyards located in the Fracia area in the DOCG sub-area Valgella, in the municipality of Teglio, situated on terraces supported by dry-stone walls on the steep slopes of the Rhaetian Alps along the shore right of the Adda. The grapes used for its vinification are 95% Chiavennasca and therefore Nebbiolo and the remaining 5% of Pignola. All the vineyards come from the Valtellina Superiore Vagella (loc. Fracia). They are bred at an altitude varying between 350 and 500 meters above sea level with the arched Guyot system on a shallow loose sandy ground with a loose texture, with southern exposure. The yield of grapes is 80 quintals per hectare of vineyard land. For the vinification, the ripe grapes, harvested around the middle of October, are traditionally vinified "in red", with 10 days of maceration using a spraying system (automatic reassembly 5/6 times a day) of the skins. Fermentation takes place at a controlled temperature of 25°C maximum 28°C. Lastly, for the maturation the new wine remains in steel for 2 months then it stops for 18 months in 80 hectolitre Slavonian oak barrels each. The wine is then refined in the bottle before being sold.  

 

Characteristics of the Valtellina Superiore “Fracia” DOCG wine

At the tasting exam it is appreciated for the vivid and deep garnet color. The characteristics of the perfume highlight the well-pronounced and ethereal essences, with fine fragrance of small fruits, a herbaceous note and with hints of raspberry, rose and violet jam. The taste on the palate is dry, warm and tasty, with an elegant background of plum and bitter almond that is rightly persistent.  

 

Suggested pairings while tasting this red wine from Nino Negri winery

This wine is exceptional in combination with noble poultry, lamb, kid and grilled meat in general. Also excellent with aged cheeses. It should be served at room temperature in a Ballon type glass. It reaches an alcohol content of 13.4% Vol.

More wines from Nino Negri
You may also like