-25%

Refosco Dal Peduncolo Rosso DOC Bastianich

Friuli Venezia Giulia
Refosco Del Peduncolo Rosso DOC
2018
Sku: 0919
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 12.40 € 16.55
Shipping within Friday 25 September, if you order today

Opzione Quantità

3 bottles
€ 37.20
Purchase
-25%
6 bottles
€ 74.40
Purchase
-25%
12 bottles
€ 148.80
Purchase
-25%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
89/100
2020
James Suckling
91/100
2017

Do you need help?

Our selection of Bastianich Wines The prestigious and renowned Bastianich winery is the representat...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Bastianich
Region
Friuli Venezia Giulia
Wine list:
Refosco
Denomination:
Refosco Del Peduncolo Rosso DOC
Vintage:
2018
Grapes:
100% Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso
Alcohol:
13,00%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Medium-bodied and fragrant
Pairing:
Scallops with mushrooms, Cockerel grilled, pork knuckle baked, Pasta all'amatriciana, mushroom risotto, Meat stewed, Medium-aged cheeses

Descrizione vino

The Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso is a red prestigious and refined wine produced with local red grapes full of colour, acidity, pulp and structure. The Bastianich winery prefers the Refosco for its intense character and its unique profile. This wine is considered by the critics as “the best local wine from Friuli”. It is provocative and structured with intense ripe red fruits aromas and a characteristic aftertaste which makes it unique. The grapes are cultivated in Cividiale on the oriental hills of the Friuli in the core of the DOC area. The soil is calcareous marl which gives structure and a mineral taste to the local wines.  The cultivation method is the classic French Guyot. The 80% of the wine making process takes place in stainless steel tanks and the remaining 20% in oak barrels to give color and taste to the red Refosco Bastianich . It takes place the malolactic fermentation and finally 6 months of refinement on lees with weekly “bâtonnage”.

 

Characteristics of the Refosco dal peduncolo rosso by Bastianich

It is produced with 100% Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso grapes. This is a local vine from Friuli Venezia Giulia, and it expresses its unique tastes: softness and a ripe red fruits aroma. There are tannins, very soft but also round and rich; it has a persistent aftertaste with an unexpected tobacco leaf flavor.

 

Suggested pairings with the Refosco Del Peduncolo Rosso DOC

The Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso is perfect with the typical Friuli courses, with rustic courses and with grilled or in humid meat. It is very good also with game. It has to be served at 18°-20° C in “Grand Ballon” wine glasses which are suitable for the oxygenation.  

More wines from Bastianich
You may also like