ROSA DEL GOLFO

Rosa del Golfo Winery from Salento has over two centuries of history. The indissoluble bond between the Calò family and the land began with the cultivation of a small plot with vines and olive trees by the forefather Leopoldo; with the aim of opening production to the foreign market as well, trying to capture the attention of France in particular, in the 1930s a commercial branch was opened near Varese. In 1963 the first bottle of Rosato Rosa del Golfo was produced, which shortly thereafter would give the name to the winery itself: the name was chosen as a tribute to the symbolic wine of the Salento area and to the landscape itself, with clear reference to the nuances and typical shades of the Gulf of Gallipoli. Further reference to the link between the winery and the territory is testified by the fact that still today this company from Alezio bases its production on native vines such as Negroamaro, Primitivo and Malvasia Nera Leccese, particularly favored both by the clayey-calcareous soil rich in iron, both from a temperate climate.

Proprietor:
Famiglia Calò
Oenologist:
Angelo Solci
Region:
Apulia
Foundation year:
1938
Vini prodotti:
Primitivo, Rosso Salento e Verdeca
Total bottles produced:
300000
Hectares vineyards:
40 ha
Address:
ROSA DEL GOLFO - Alezio (LE) - Via Garibaldi, 18
Vini della cantina ROSA DEL GOLFO