The company owes the name that made it prestigious to the origins from the locality "Casal Thaulero", where resided the noble family of the Thaulero who settled since the sixteenth century in the territory of Abruzzo. Trace of their presence is found in a marriage contract dated 9 March 1738 in which they described the goods given as a dowry to Angela Thaulero, daughter of Don Francesco Thaulero. At the end of 1800 Duke Giovanni Thaulero started a reclamation work in his possessions, planting modern vines and built a large cellar, in the vanguard for those times. He is considered the "father of wine" in Abruzzo, thanks to his strong inclination to experimentation, a true precursor of modern viticulture. This ancient wine-making tradition handed down for three hundred years from father to son and by the children to a large part of the inhabitants of both the neighboring places and the entire region, up to also embrace land located in the province of Chieti. For this reason, in 1961 some winegrowers decided to join and set up a winery, in honor of the Thaulero family, which in the meantime was totally extinct.