offer

Valtellina Superiore "Mazèr" DOCG Nino Negri

Lombardy
Valtellina Superiore Inferno DOCG
2016
Sku: 1945
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 14.80 € 18.50
Shipping within Tuesday 27 October, if you order today

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 29.60
Purchase
-20%
3 bottles
€ 44.40
Purchase
-20%
6 bottles
€ 88.80
Purchase
-20%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
90/100
2020
2 Bicchieri gambero rosso
2017
4 Grappoli AIS
2017

Do you need help?

The Nino Negri winery is an important reality of Valtellina and it born at the end of the ‘800...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Nino Negri
Region
Lombardy
Wine list:
Valtellina Superiore
Denomination:
Valtellina Superiore Inferno DOCG
Vintage:
2016
Grapes:
100% Nebbiolo
Alcohol:
13,50%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Full-bodied and intense
Pairing:
Cold meats and salami, Saffron risotto, Pasta all'amatriciana, Fillet with green pepper, Tagliatelle ai Funghi, Sausage, Medium-aged cheeses

Descrizione vino

This wine is made by 100% nebbiolo – chiavennasca grapes of the Valtellina. The Nino Negri winery produces this sensational Mazer Valtellina Superiore DOCG. The vineyards is located in the Valtellina Superiore DOCG area and they are cultivated with the Guyot method with 3500 trees per hectare exposed at south on sandy soils located at 400-450 meters above the sea level. The profit is 70 quintals per hectare. The 20% of the bunches is manually picked in September to wither. Then the grapes ferment for 5 days under temperature control. At the end it refines in French oak barrels of second passage for 16 months. The remaining 80% has ferment in steel at 25-27°C for 6 days. Then it matures for 20 months a part in French oak barrels of 30-50 hl and a part in French barrique.

 

Characteristics of the red wine “MAZER” Valtellina Superiore DOCG

It has a bright garnet color. The smell is remarkable with bitter aromas of gloves and licorice together with chocolate and prune jam. The taste is dry, sapid, austere and harmonic with an elegant citron aroma at the end. It is a long living wine.

 

Suggested pairings with this wine from Lombardy

It is perfect with the local courses. The red roasted meats, the lamb, the goat and the game are perfect matches. It is perfect also with aged cheeses. It must be served at 18°C in a Ballon wine glass.

More wines from Nino Negri
You may also like