Sant'Antimo Cabernet "Olmaia" DOC Col d'Orcia

Tuscany
Sant'Antimo Cabernet "Olmaia" DOC
2014
Sku: 1412
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 36.90 € 42.45
Shipping within Monday 25 January, if you order within 12 hours e 18 minutes

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 73.80
Purchase
-13%
3 bottles
€ 110.70
Purchase
-13%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
91/100
2021

Do you need help?

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Col d'Orcia
Region
Tuscany
Wine list:
Sant'Antimo
Denomination:
Sant'Antimo Cabernet "Olmaia" DOC
Vintage:
2014
Grapes:
100% Cabernet Sauvignon
Alcohol:
14,00%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Medium-bodied and fragrant
Pairing:
Roast meat, Tagliatelle ai Funghi, Cut of beff, Florentina Steak, Hard cheese, schidionati meat and game, Pasta with meat sauce

Descrizione vino

This wine of the Col D’Orcia winery is a very prestigious red wine. This wine is produced in the estate soils in the Montalcino area on the Sant’Angelo hill with a South, South-west exposition. The territory denomination is “Olmaia” because full of elms and it is located at 350 mt above the sea level. The grapes used for this Cabernet Sauvignon are clones coming from Bordeaux with sparse bunches and little dimensions. The manual picking takes place according to the maturation of the grapes and it is carefully selective. The wine making process takes place in steel tanks of 50 hl. The maceration lasts 20 days at  25-28°C. with two daily pumping over and three long delestage at the third, fifth and seventh fermentation day. The malolactic fermentation takes place in steel. The first pouring occurs in barrels In March-April of the following year since the harvest. The aging period continues for further 18 months in barrels made of 95% of French oak and the other 5% of American oak.

 

Characteristics of the Olmaia Sant'Antimo Cabernet DOC

The Cabernet DOC Sant’Antimo Olmaia of Col D’Orcia has a ruby red color with intense purple reflections. The smell is intense, powerful and balanced. The fruity aromas of the Cabernet Sauvignon and the spiced and vanilla aromas of the oak, make this wine very elegant and complex. The taste is mature and fleshy with a great structure. It has soft and pleasant tannins perfectly balanced with the classic aromas of the barrels.

 

Suggested pairings with this Cabernet by Col D'Orcia

The Cabernet Sauvignon Col D’Orcia is perfect with structured and tasty Tuscany dishes. It is perfect with the pappardelle with meat sauce. It must be served at 18°C in a Bordeaux wine glass.

More wines from Col d'Orcia
You may also like