Impériale Magnum 6 Liters Primitivo di Manduria "Sessantanni" DOP In Wooden Box San Marzano
|2 Bicchieri gambero rosso||2017|
|4 Grappoli AIS||2017|
|4 viti Vitae AIS||2017|
|3 Bicchieri gambero rosso||2020|
|3 Bicchieri gambero rosso||2021|
|Denomination||Primitivo di Manduria DOP|
|Code ICQRF||TA 64|
|Winery headquarter||San Marzano - San Marzano di San Giuseppe (TA) - Via Monsignor Bello, 9|
|Combination||Cannelloni, Sliced beef, Roast meat, Pasta all'amatriciana, Tagliatelle with mushrooms, wild game, Hard cheese|
|Style||Full-bodied and intense|
|Wine list||Primitivo di Manduria|
This wine is produced by the San Marzano winery with the DOP Puglia certification. This wine is made by 100% Primitivo grapes with a density of 5000 trees per hectare. The cultivation area is in the Marzano and Sava areas. The soils are red with a calcareous lay and with some rocks. There is a strong thermal excursion with few rains. The manual grape harvest takes place in the half of September and the 80% matures for 18 days while the remaining 20% for 25 days on selected yeasts. The fermentation is under temperature control at 24-26°C. The refinement takes place in French or American oak barrels.
Characteristics of the Sessantanni Primitivo di Manduria DOP
This DOP Puglia has a charged ruby red color with some elegant, wide, complex and fruity aromas of prunes, cherry jam, tobacco and spices. It is bodied, soft and rich of noble tannins with cacao, coffee and vanilla hints.
Characteristics of this wine of the San Marzano winery
It is perfect with red meats, game and structured courses. It is also a meditation wine. The service temperature is 18°C in a Ballon wine glass and the proof is 14.5%.