"The Santi winery, founded in 1843 in Illasi, a village located at the eastern end of Verona, is certainly one of the most prominent protagonists in Valpolicella. The founder, Carlo Santi, soon established himself in the production of typical wines of the area, orienting immediately towards the quality and strict selection of raw materials, taking care to use only the best grapes, grown in the most suitable areas. In 1930, then, he took over the leadership of the company Attilio Gino Santi, academician of vine and wine, who decided to combine research and innovation alongside the pursuit of qualitative excellence. Attilio Gino Santi, in fact, was among the first in Italy to implement a very modern system of sparkling wine making, also investing in the development of a production method for sparkling wines that will lead it to become a point of reference of the time for the Italian schools of oenology. The Santi family, represented by Guido Santi, proposed to consolidate the specialization in favor of quality products, making a fundamental qualitative change in a far-sighted way. Finally, in 1974 the Santi winery became part of the GIV group, Gruppo Italiano Vini; this has allowed the strengthening of the structures and plants, confirming the qualitative vocation of the company and its roots in the territory. Today Santi offers a range of wines that are fully representative of the excellence of Valpolicella and the Venezie, inspired by the commitment to enhance their origins and the culture of the reference area; since 2016, this path of pursuit of excellence is also supported by the intervention of Cristian Ridolfi, representative of the third generation of a family of oenologists, known for having explored and studied Valpolicella in all its nuances. The oenologist Ridolfi, assisted by his agronomic team, aims to produce contemporary wines starting from the fundamental principles of the Valpolicella tradition, in full respect for the philosophy of the Santi company.