The Berlucchi winery operates in the heart of the renowned and prestigious territory of Franciacorta. A real green oasis in Lombardy, located south of Lake Iseo. Its toponym comes from ancient history: its courts, in the Middle Ages, were free from the duty, real "frank" "curtes" (land without francs "coins"). Since this territory represented a strategic point in ancient times, the inhabitants had to maintain the road that connected Brescia to Iseo, on the lake of the same name, where boats loaded with merchandise arrived from the Camonica Valley. Nobody, at the time, could imagine that the swinging hills described by the historian Gabriele Rosa, land of poor agriculture, patrician villas and monasteries, would become, in just 50 years, a large garden of vines, cradle of the most titled "bubbles" of Italy. In Franciacorta, among the sinuous reliefs of the varied soils and the mild and ventilated microclimate, ripen the bunches of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir that more than one hundred winemakers transform into a miracle of foam, perlage and aromas. The Berluccchi house, the main wine producer in the Franciacorta area, was originally called "La Guido Berlucchi & C. S.p.A". of Borgonato, Brescia, was founded in 1955 by Guido Berlucchi, Franco Ziliani and Giorgio Lanciani. Right from the start, the market leader in Italy in the classic method sector, today it can count on over 600 hectares of vineyards in Franciacorta and 80 collaborators between the operating headquarters, wineries and vineyards. Two main farm estates, worthy of mention also at the historical and naturalistic level. The ancient Fratta di Monticelli Brusati (Brescia) is an imposing nineteenth-century villa completely restored, with the adjoining cellar characterized by four trunks of gallery to Greek cross. The company produces fine Franciacorta and Curtefranca Bianco and Rosso, typical still wines of the Berlucchi house.