The Argiano estate is located in Montalcino, near Siena. It develops around the historic core of the buildings, for a total area of about 125 hectares, with vineyards, olive groves and woods. From the time of Ancient Rome to today, the Argiano estate has made the history of the Montalcino territory, becoming one of the most prestigious and traditional realities: a precious ambassador in the world of its wines, proud of having contributed to the birth of the Brunello Consortium . The history of Argiano has a turning point during the ownership of the noble Sienese family of the Pecci, with the construction between 1581 and 1596 of the splendid villa: an example of a sixteenth-century stately home. Thanks to the construction of the cellar, the vocation as a winery of Argiano was born. The estate passed ownership over the centuries between various noble families, up to the enlightened management of Donna Ersilia Caetani Lovatelli in the nineteenth century, who managed to make Argiano wine products known and promoted in the best cultural salons of the time. After passing, in the 90s, to Countess Noemi Marone Cinzano, who also started the collaboration with the world-famous oenologist Giacomo Tachis, in 2013 the estate became the property of a group of Brazilians entrepreneurs. The management of the vineyards is based on the respect for the environment, with the utmost regard for the elements of the landscape. Among the rows, agricultural practices are followed in order to guarantee the minimum impact on nature, respecting the tradition of the five centuries of history that made Argiano great. Even today the goal is to enhance the excellence of a terroir famous throughout the world, producing wines of great quality. Apart from some small plots reserved for international vines, such as cabernet sauvignon, merlot, petit verdot and syrah, the majority of the vineyards are cultivated with sangiovese grosso, the historic vine of the terroir, with which Rosso di Montalcino DOC and Brunello di Montalcino DOCG are produced.