Torrette Valle d’Aosta DOP Les Cretes

Valle d'Aosta
Torrette Valle d’Aosta D.O.P.
2018
Sku: 1230
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 16.85 € 20.60
Shipping within Friday 27 November, if you order within 9 hours e 43 minutes

Opzione Quantità

3 bottles
€ 50.55
Purchase
-18%
6 bottles
€ 101.10
Purchase
-18%
12 bottles
€ 202.20
Purchase
-18%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
90/100
2020

Do you need help?

The agricultural company Les Crêtes born in 1989 at Aymavilles in the Aosta valley by Costanti...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Les Cretes
Region
Valle d'Aosta
Wine list:
Valle d'Aosta Doc
Denomination:
Torrette Valle d’Aosta D.O.P.
Vintage:
2018
Grapes:
70% Petit , 30% Ceppi vari bacca nera.
Alcohol:
13,00%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Medium-bodied and fragrant
Pairing:
Zuppe, Medium-aged cheeses, Risotto, Braised, Cold meats and salami, Rabbit, Tagliatelle ai Funghi

Descrizione vino

It is an excellent wine with a great character. These two adjectives represents perfectly the peculiarities of this red wine of the Les Cretes winery from the Aosta Valley. The blend is composed by 70% of Petit Rouge grapes and the remaining 30% is composed by a mini-blend of local vineyards of Mayolet, Cornaline and Fumin. The production area is the DOP of Les Toules of Sarre in the Aosta province. The soil is moraine tending to a sandy consistence in the more leaning areas. It is located at 650 meters above the sea level with a south exposition. The cultivation method is the Guyot and it is extended for less than half hectare inside the company boundaries. There are around 7500 trees per hectare with a profit of 8000 kg per hectare. The harvest is manual and it takes place in the half of October. There are 8 days of fermentation in stainless steel tanks at 30°C with daily pumping over. Finally the aging lasts 8 months in steel and 5 months in bottle.

 

Characteristics of this red wine produced by the Les Cretes winery

It has an intense ruby red color with remarkable purple reflections. The smell is fine and penetrating with intense violet, rose and ripen fruit aromas. The taste is equilibrated and on the palate it is full and enveloping, fresh and mineral at the end.

 

Suggested pairings with this Torrette Valle d’Aosta DOP

The red wine Torrette Superiore is perfect with local structured courses. First courses, braised or in humid red meats. Perfect with the pizzaiola meat. It is perfect also with medium aged cheeses. It has to be served at 18°C in a Ballon wine glass. 

More wines from Les Cretes
You may also like