Salco "2089" Salcheto
Organic wine

Tuscany
2012
Sku: 2021
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 62.00 € 74.00
Shipping within Tuesday 22 September, if you order within 1 hour e 25 minutes

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 124.00
Purchase
-16%
3 bottles
€ 186.00
Purchase
-16%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
92/100
2020

Do you need help?

See all wines

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Salcheto
Region
Tuscany
Wine list:
Toscana Igt
Vintage:
2012
Grapes:
100% Sangiovese
Biologico:
Yes
Alcohol:
13,50%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Full-bodied and intense
Pairing:
Cut of beff, Cold meats and salami, Hard cheese, Tagliatelle ai Funghi, schidionati meat and game, Pasta with meat sauce, Roast meat

Descrizione vino

This red wine of the Salcheto Winery from Tuscany is honored by the IGT certification. It is made by 100% Sangiovese grapes. There is an aging period of 24 months where the 30% of the wine passes in the barrels. The remaining 70% passes in tonneaux. It follows 36 months of bottle aging. It can mature for 15 years. The name comes from the years 2008 and 2009 which becomes “Salco 2089”. There were produced 6770 bottles, bottled the July 23th of 2012 and they are the result of the 2008 a linear and powerful year with the 2009 a romantic and deep year. This red wine from Tuscany is made with the Sangiovese grapes coming from the Poliza area with the Prugnolo gentile. This red wine can expresses the perfection.

 

Characteristics of the Salco “2089” wine

It has a ruby red color with garnet reflection in the glass. The smell is fruity with prune, marasca cherry and berries aromas together with jam hints. There are also violet and other spicy hints. The taste is structured, balanced and persistent.

 

Suggested pairings with this great red Tuscany wine of the Salcheto winery

A classy and refined wine. It is great with red meat and with the calf cooked with balsamic vinegar. It must be served at 20°C and the proof is 14°C.

More wines from Salcheto
You may also like