offer

Rosso di Valtellina DOC Nino Negri

Lombardy
Rosso di Valtellina DOC
2018
Sku: 1954
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 7.95 € 9.90
Shipping within Monday 26 October, if you order within 10 hours e 11 minutes

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 15.90
Purchase
-20%
3 bottles
€ 23.85
Purchase
-20%
6 bottles
€ 47.70
Purchase
-20%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
90/100
2020

Do you need help?

The Nino Negri winery is an important reality of Valtellina and it born at the end of the ‘800...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Nino Negri
Region
Lombardy
Wine list:
Valtellina Superiore
Denomination:
Rosso di Valtellina DOC
Vintage:
2018
Grapes:
100% Nebbiolo
Alcohol:
12,50%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Full-bodied and intense
Pairing:
Cold meats and salami, Hard cheese, Milanese cutlet, pork knuckle baked, Saffron risotto, Tagliatelle ai Funghi, Rabbit, Medium-aged cheeses

Descrizione vino

The Rosso di Valtellina is the youngest and fresh wine in the Valtellina area. The grapes come from the vineyards of the Sfursat. There are used Chiavennasca (Nebbiolo) at 90% and Rossola, Pignola and Brugnola grapes for the remaining 10%. The cultivation method is the Guyot with sandy-lime soils located at 350-500 meters above the sea level with a density of 3500 trees per hectare with a profit of 100 quintals per hectare. The grape harvest takes place in October and there is a maceration on the peels for 8 days. The maturation takes place in steel for 3 months and 6 months in Slavonia oak barrels of 80 hectoliters.

 

Characteristics of the Rosso di Valtellina Valtellina DOC

It has a ruby red color. The smell is net and winy with a little fragrance of little berries and sweet spices. There are also some light violet an rose hints. The taste is dry, fruity and tannic with an elegant licorice aftertaste.

 

Suggested pairings with this wine of the Nino Negri winery

It is perfect with boiled meats or with white meats. It must be served at 16°C in a Ballon wine glass and the proof is 12.5%.

More wines from Nino Negri
You may also like