offer

Merlot DOC Siebeneich Terlano

Trentino-Alto Adige
Alto Adige DOC
2018
Sku: 1068
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 20.60 € 25.60
Shipping within Friday 23 April, if you order today

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 41.20
Purchase
-20%
3 bottles
€ 61.80
Purchase
-20%
6 bottles
€ 123.60
Purchase
-20%

Do you need help?

The Terlano wineries were founded more than a century ago and they represent a producers cooperative...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
Terlano
Region
Trentino-Alto Adige
Wine list:
Merlot
Denomination:
Alto Adige DOC
Vintage:
2018
Grapes:
100% Merlot
Alcohol:
14,00%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Medium-bodied and fragrant
Pairing:
Lamb, pork knuckle baked, Vegetables in batter, Rabbit, Pasta all'amatriciana, Fillet with green pepper, Speck

Descrizione vino

The Merlot “Siebeneich” of the Terlano Winery is honored by the Doc certification which guarantees the origin. This wine is produced with 100% Merlot grapes. This Merlot is perfect for the DOC Terlano territory especially in the warmest zones exposed to the south where the soil is clay. This red wine is bodied and very refined. It belongs to the local vines of the Terlano winery. The grapes harvest is made manually and it follows the bunches racking off and the slow fermentation under temperature control with the delicate handling of the must in stainless steel tanks. Finally the malolactic fermentation and the aging which lasts 12 months. This last part takes place for a 70% in big wood tuns and the remaining 30% in barrels. For the barrel aging are used a third of new barrels. Before three months from the commercialization the wine is assembled and bottled. The production are is Siebeneich in the Terlano hamlet. The company territories are on the valley floor at 300 meters above the sea level. The maximum slope of the soils is 20% and the optimal exposition is south-west.

 

Characteristics of the red wine Merlot "Siebeneich" DOC

It has a bright and saturated ruby red color with an intense perfume. It has some dry prune and red blueberry main aromas but also mint and eucalyptus with a black pepper hint. It has a variegate bouquet. It has tannin  structure and remarkable fruity aromas so it has a complex structure in the palate and a persistent aftertaste.

 

Suggested pairings with this wine from the Terlano Winery

The merlot Siebeneich DOC of the Terlano Winery its perfect with the little goat shoulder with olive oil and herbs braised on asparagus and wild vegetables. It is also good with a beef slide streak with rocket, with hare soups and lamb shin with spinach cornmeal mush. It is also interesting the match with the parmigiana. It has to be served in Bordeaux wine glasses at 16°C.

More wines from Terlano
You may also like