Malvasia "Pètris" DOC Venica
100% Malvasia variety is the base for this wine of Venica&Venica. The wine making process considers that the maceration of the pressed grapes lasts for 18 max 24 hours at a controlled temperature that swings between 11/12°C. It is managed in specific containers protected by oxygen through the recycling of its fermentation CO2, to reduce the quantity of antioxidants. The 70% of the must then ferments and ages on its yeasts for 5 months in big barrels (20 HL), the other 30% in steel.
Features of the white wine “Malvasia Pètris”
Straw yellow colour with intense gold shades. Its wide perfume opens with rich and light aromatic hints that recall peach and apricot. The taste is warm and harmonious with a good quantity of glycerol that makes it soft.
Recommended pairings while tasting this wine from Friuli
It is a perfect solution with fish appetizers, canapés and white meats. It has to be served at 12°C in a high, tapered wine glass that allows the diffusion of the perfumes.