new arrivals

Etna Bianco DOC PLANETA

Sicily
Etna DOC
2018
Sku: 3059
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 14.90 € 16.90
Shipping within Monday 23 September, if you order within 15 hours e 10 minutes

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 29.80
Purchase
-12%
3 bottles
€ 44.70
Purchase
-12%
6 bottles
€ 89.40
Purchase
-12%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
91/100
2019

Do you need help?

See all wines

No other production reality in Italy can express so many shades of its region as Planeta with Sicily...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
PLANETA
Region
Sicily
Wine list:
Etna
Denomination:
Etna DOC
Vintage:
2018
Grapes:
100% Carricante
Alcohol:
13,00%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Light and fresh
Pairing:
Appetizers steamed fish, Hot appetizers of fish, Risotto with vegetables, Grilled Fish, Sushi-sashimi, Tartare-fish carpaccio

Descrizione vino

This white wine comes from our cellar "Planeta" Feudo di Mezzo, located in the heart of the area that surround the volcano Etna. 100% Carricante grapes, harvested in boxes and refrigerated at 8°C once they reach the cellar. After a careful selection the grapes are soft pressed and the stalks eliminated. The fermentation is managed for the 85% at 15°C in inox, while the other 15% is fermented in tonneau. Aging on lees till February and maturation in tonneau and in inox.

 

Features of the "Etna Bianco" Sicily DOC wine

Light straw yellow colour with light green reflections. Its scent is characterized by white fruits, minerals, and woody hints. The taste is juicy, full-bodied, fruity and persistent.

 

Recommended food pairings while tasting this wine produced by Planeta Winery

Perfect with fish carpaccio and fresh fruit, pasta with seafood and cheese. Excellent for happy hours too. It expresses it best after 5-7 years. It has to be served at 8°C. The alcoholic strength is 13%Vol.

 

More wines from PLANETA
You may also like