-21%

Barbera d'Alba DOC BORGOGNO

Piedmont
Barbera d'Alba DOC
2019
Sku: 2562
Until stocks
Q.ty
€ 14.90 € 18.80
Shipping within Friday 17 September, if you order within 8 hours e 34 minutes

Opzione Quantità

2 bottles
€ 29.80
Purchase
-21%
3 bottles
€ 44.70
Purchase
-21%
6 bottles
€ 89.40
Purchase
-21%

Awards and honors

Punteggio sommelier
90/100
2021

Do you need help?

See all wines

This name has always been linked to the best winemaking tradition of the Langhe and more generally o...
Go to winery »

Wine Characteristics

Winery
BORGOGNO
Region
Piedmont
Wine list:
Barbera
Denomination:
Barbera d'Alba DOC
Vintage:
2019
Grapes:
100% Barbera
Alcohol:
14,00%
Dimension:
Standard bottle
Cl:
75cl
Style:
Medium-bodied and fragrant
Pairing:
Cold meats and salami, Pasta all'amatriciana, Grilled meat, Zuppe, pork knuckle baked, Medium-aged cheeses, Sausage
Sulfites:
Contains sulfites
Code ICQRF:
CN/698
Winerry's Headquarter:
BORGOGNO - Barolo (CN) - Via Gioberti, 1

Descrizione vino

From the vinification in purity of 100% pure Barbera grapes. This label from the Borgogno del Piemonte winery contains all the essence of the local peasant tradition. The origin of the grapes is in the Langhe, in Alba, in full DOC. The harvest takes place from 15 to 30 September. The vinification process, started immediately after the harvest, involves fermentation for about 12 days at a low temperature of 24 - 28ºC, during which a light pressing and aging of 70% in steel tanks for 10 months is requested, the remaining 30% in large Slavonian oak barrels for 10 months, at a natural temperature of 18 ºC. Finally the two parts are assembled and aged for about 3 months in the bottle. This classic procedure allows the maintenance of acid freshness and fruit fragrance.

 

Characteristics of this Barbera from Borgogno Winery

This wine has a bright ruby red colour with slight garnet reflections. The scent on the nose is the characteristic vinous scent accompanied by notes of more ripe fruit, cherry and plum. The taste on the palate is fresh, balanced, full-bodied. A certain acidity outlines the trait up to a good persistence closure.

 

Suggested food pairings while tasting this Piedmont red wine

For the whole meal, it goes well with hors d'oeuvres based on cold cuts and cheeses or first courses with particularly tasty sauces. The optimal serving temperature is 16 ° C in a high and wide glass that allows the wine to oxygenate.

More wines from BORGOGNO
You may also like